I got this from Cindy King Barrow. She has the blog Snigs’ Spot. She is also a dear, sweet friend.
Cindy is an LPN who does in home care.
This is going to sound harsh, but maybe it needs to. To the folks sitting on disability for eons, despite being ABLE enough to party, be impregnated, being able to impregnate someone, and generally enjoy life- you should be ashamed.
One of my best patients died today after suffering ALS for the last couple of years. THIS PATIENT WAS STILL WORKING UNTIL LAST WEEK. Unable to breathe without a BiPaP machine, paralyzed from the waist down, unable to speak, being fed through a tube, peeing in a bag, needing someone else to clean them up after a bowel movement… This patient STILL.found.a.way!
Yes, I truly believe there are SOME disabilities that are truly too disabling to allow a person to work, but I also honestly believe people are way too willing to throw up their hands and quit anymore. Personal pride has taken a nose dive. Personal responsibility is a thing of the past. It’s no longer about making what you can, but taking what you can. And that, my friends, is a load of bullshit.
Missus ORPO and I took a long day trip over to Cambria, Cayucos, Morro Bay and Pismo Beach on Saturday. More pics will be forthcoming later today…………………..
Went to The Sepulveda VA ACC to see the ear, nose and throat doc. No problems noted. I did get the ears vacuumed out though!
Better than paper towels
Who knew! And you can buy 1,000 at the Dollar Tree for $1.00, even the large ones.
1. Cover bowls or dishes when cooking in the microwave. Coffee filters make excellent covers.
2. Clean windows, mirrors, and chrome… Coffee filters are lint-free so they’ll leave windows sparkling.
3. Protect China by separating your good dishes with a coffee filter between each dish.
4. Filter broken cork from wine. If you break the cork when opening a wine bottle, filter the wine through a coffee filter.
5. Protect a cast-iron skillet. Place a coffee filter in the skillet to absorb moisture and prevent rust.
6. Apply shoe polish. Ball up a lint-free coffee filter.
7. Recycle frying oil. After frying, strain oil through a sieve lined with a coffee filter.
8. Weigh chopped foods. Place chopped ingredients in a coffee filter on a kitchen scale.
9. Hold tacos. Coffee filters make convenient wrappers for messy foods.
10. Stop the soil from leaking out of a plant pot. Line a plant pot with a coffee filter to prevent the soil from going through the drainage holes.
11. Prevent a Popsicle from dripping. Poke one or two holes as needed in a coffee filter.
12. Do you think we used expensive strips to wax eyebrows? Use strips of coffee filters..
13. Put a few in a plate and put your fried bacon, French fries, chicken fingers, etc on them.. It soaks out all the grease.
14. Keep in the bathroom. They make great “razor nick fixers.”
15. As a sewing backing. Use a filter as an easy-to-tear backing for embroidering or appliquéing soft fabrics.
16. Put baking soda into a coffee filter and insert into shoes or a closet to absorb or prevent odors.
17. Use them to strain soup stock and to tie fresh herbs in to put in soups and stews.
18 Use a coffee filter to prevent spilling when you add fluids to your car.
19. Use them as a spoon rest while cooking and clean up small counter spills.
20. Can use to hold dry ingredients when baking or when cutting a piece of fruit or veggies. Saves on having extra bowls to wash.
21. Use them to wrap Christmas ornaments for storage.
22. Use them to remove fingernail polish when out of cotton balls.
23. Use them to sprout seeds. Simply dampen the coffee filter, place seeds inside, fold it and place it into a zip-lock plastic bag until they sprout.
24. Use coffee filters as blotting paper for pressed flowers. Place the flowers between two coffee filters and put the coffee filters in phone book.
25. Use as a disposable “snack bowl” for popcorn, chips, etc.
OH YEAH THEY ARE GREAT TO USE IN YOUR COFFEE MAKERS TOO
So much for that low observable thing………
From The Aviationist.